Former Notable Players:
Albert Belle, Sean Casey, Bartolo
Colon, Charles Nagy, Manny Ramirez, and Jim Thome.
Opened in 1949 as Municipal Stadium, it has undergone
significant renovations in 1999 and 2003. Three players have hit
home runs over the warehouse beyond the outfield fence, an estimated
distance of 540 feet. The ballpark is named for Jesse W. Grainger,
a Reconstruction-era leader, who developed the region's tobacco
farming industry and initially donated the land the ballpark now
sits on to the community for public schools.