Former Notable Players:
The most recent incarnation of John Thurman Field
is the result of a $3 million dollar renovation project in 1996-97.
Originally the site of Del Webb Field, which was built in 1946,
that ball field was renamed for state assemblyman John Thurman in
1983. The stands back right up against a public golf course, which
has forced the construction of two-story fence around the concourse
to ward off any errant golf balls.